My husband and I recently began visiting our local farmers market on a regular basis. This is something new for us, as we would purchase all our fruits and vegetables at our local grocery store.
I noticed a fruit I had never seen called Pitahaya [pit-uh-hahy-uh] . The vendor began informing me about this fruit.
Rich in vitamins and has healing properties. The pulp can be eaten or made into a juice. Taste good, stains badly, be careful.
The fruit went in my bag, and upon trying it at home, it was pretty good.
The old me would never try something new. The new me wants to experiment and try new things.
How did I become from being a conformist, to wanting to try something new?
It began when I started to read everything I could get my hands on at a later time in my life.
In reading, I dared to be creative. I began to explore in other areas. I was challenged, I became hungry.
As a youngster, I did not have much interest in reading, until one day I had this desire to write. I began reading and learning about the craft of writing.
In reading, I discovered what I had missed all along. Life.
Have you ever been afraid to step out in faith to try, do or say something that is out of your comfort zone?
I have many times. I have failed when I tried something new, other times I was surprised.
In order to grow, it is necessary to try new things. I am not talking about going against a moral code, but doing something new and different in your life that will improve you.
Do something that is not on the menu.
Why try something new?
Some reason why you should.
- It will cause your mindset to expand, learn and grow.
- You will be able to speak about a topic and hold a decent conversation.
- You dispel fear- you find it exciting to step out into the unknown.
- You will continue to be inspired and motivated, and boredom will not be an issue in your life.
- You may find something new about yourself, and may be surprised at what you can do.
- You will discover you are successful at something.
- You will become energized and will find a boost in confidence.
- You will discover your strengths and weaknesses.
- When you experiment, you become successful.
Are you trying to find something in your life that will satisfy you? Experiment, step out of your comfort zone!
I have found trying something new for the first time can be a bit scary, but afterwards, it becomes an adventure.
Go ahead, give it a shot. Dare to try to be someone better than you are now. You won’t regret it.